Effective – January 1, 2021
- what are cookies;
- types of cookies used by us;
- how do we use these cookies, and
- how the users/ customers can control their preferences with regard to these cookies.
- All visitors and users of our website;
- All users/ customers who register with us; place orders through our website or are using our services in any manner whatsoever; and
All the customers/ users/ visitors who qualify in the above-mentioned criteria (hereinafter referred to as “users”/ “customers”/ “you”/ “your”) please read and understand this Policy carefully.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that get stored on a user’s device/ computer when they visit any website, and they also store information on a user’s web browser to remember information about them. These cookie files permit the websites to remember the user’s preferences/ choices and make it convenient for them to use that website. It also helps create a user-friendly i.e. customised experience for the user on that website and helps features/ functions on the website to operate smoothly.
For e.g. Cookies allow you to log in to a website page; helps you stay logged in even if you access/ use other pages on the said website. They allow you to set preferences for the display of a page, and for these to be stored the next time you access the same website.
TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
- Session Cookies – These cookies remain on your browser for a session i.e. these cookies get deleted when you close your browser. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. These cookies help our website to remember the items you placed in your Cart/ Shopping bag, so that you do not have to go to through the entire range of our products every-time. These cookies do not store any user information/ data permanently.
- Persistent Cookies – These cookies stay on your browser until they expire automatically after a limited time period, or unless you delete them yourself. These cookies remember user preferences/ behaviour, and help us to personalise your interactive experience with us.
Further, we classify the cookies we use in the following categories:
- Mandatory Cookies – These cookies are necessary for the performance/ functioning of our website. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. If switched off, these cookies greatly alter/ affect the interactive experience of the user on our website; and may make many features/ functions on our website inactive. We shall not be held liable in any manner if the user disables these cookies. We suggest not disabling these cookies. To order products from our website, you will need to have these cookies enabled. If you don’t wish to enable these cookies, you will still be able to browse our website.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies are used by us to create a user-friendly i.e. customised experience for the user on that website; and
- Authentication of user/ customer – to keep a track of user log-in details and account details.
- Personalised interactive user experience – to keep a track of user preferences/ choices.
- Order details – to store items placed by the user in the cart, order details, and payment choices.
- Advertisement purposes
- Marketing purposes
- Information about the browser you are using, your operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP), IP address to understand your location, and other device identifiers.
- To evaluate and update the quality of our services
- Prevention of spam/ fraud prevention
- Legal compliance purposes
- Legal obligations/ security purposes
If users can make an account/ register with us using any social media account, then we need to mention that as well.
We use tracking technologies like web beacons and pixel tags. Additionally, we use tracking tools like browser cookies and mobile device IDs. We do this on our websites, in emails that we send to you, and in media advertising.
These cookies enable us to evaluate our advertisements and track the performance of our advertisements on Google’s search page.
USER COOKIES PREFERENCES
Our users/ customers can exercise their choice on their use of our cookies and technologies on our website. As aforementioned, the disabling of cookies on our website, will alter the user interactive experience, make certain features inactive, it will stop storing shopping preferences of users, order details, etc.
You may set your cookie preferences and may opt-out of a cookie category (except strictly Mandatory cookies) by clicking on the “cookie settings” button below.
- COOKIE PREFERENCES SETTINGS BUTTON (For Google Chrome users)- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- For other web browsers, please consult with your developer for alternative cookie settings
CONTROLLING COOKIES ON YOUR BROWSER
The user may also choose to control cookies on their browser. Most internet browsers enable the user to choose whether they wish to disable/ enable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this setting can be changed. For further information, the user should refer to the policies of the browser through which our website is being accessed.
In case of any queries, complaints, or general information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org