Splendore Unique is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
Splendore Unique Ltd (“SU”) is the lead data controller in respect of personal data processed under this policy. Splendore Unique Limited’s company number is 09372132 and registered address is 8 Duncan Street, Suite 123, London N1 8BW.
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through the Splendore Unique website (www.splendoreunique.com) or otherwise through your personal dealings with SU.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
SU collects personal information about you to inform you about, and provide you with, SU Products or services, to deal with any enquiries you may have about them and to improve and develop these for the future.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
SU collects the following types of personal information about you which you may provide to us:
• Identity data – Forename and surname, Company name (if relevant), gender, marital and family status (if you make this known to us in our dealings)
• Contact data – E-mail address, Telephone number, Address, Delivery name and address
• Financial data – including payment card details
• Transaction data – Details of the SU Product you have purchased from us and information about whether or not payment has been made
• Profile data such as your user name and password, purchases made by you, your interests and preferences and any feedback and survey responses
• Marketing and communications data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, if you’re using the site on your mobile, you may choose to provide us with location data. The information we obtain from those services does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies. So you should always regularly check what those are.
With regard to each of you and your authorised users visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect the computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– information about the visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
This information does not identify you personally. It simply enables us to compile statistics.
We also collect Aggregated Data includes statistical or demographic data, for example we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users using a specific Website feature. Aggregate data is not considered personal data, however if we combine aggregate date with personal data we then treat it as personal data.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you, for example race, religious beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation etc
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see the SU Cookies Policy.
HOW DO WE RECEIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
SU receives this personal information about you when you contact us directly or visit the Splendore Unique website (www.splendoreunique.com) to request to purchase a SU Product or service, to create an account, to enquire about local stockists of SU Product, to make a general enquiry, to book an appointment, to provide us with feedback or to request marketing information.
We also receive information from our payment provider to confirm that payment has been made for SU Products that you may order through our site. Stripe will collect certain of your personal data through this process and has its own security and privacy information which you can view at https://stripe.com/en-gb/privacy
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to – where we need to perform a contract with you, where necessary for our legitimate interests where those are not overridden by your interests and rights, for legal compliance and where none of those apply, with your consent.
SU uses personal information about you that you give us:
• to identify who you are when you contact us
• to provide you with the SU Products or services you have requested (and note we may not be able to perform a contract to provide products or services if you fail to provide certain of the information requested)
• to ensure payment for SU Products or services purchased and to prevent or detect fraud
• to understand what SU Products you may be interested in
• to contact you regarding your SU Products to answer your technical queries or general enquiries or to administer warranty claims or product safety related communications
• to improve SU Products or services and to carry out customer surveys
• to resolve complaints or issues you may have with a SU Product or service
• to manage our relationship with you
• to send you marketing information about SU Products or services or general SU news that you may be interested in
• to invite you to SU events you may be interested in
• to improve our customer relationship with you
• to manage your communication preferences or to record that you have unsubscribed from mailing
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested marketing information from us or purchased goods from us or are a member of the press and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
SU use the information we collect about you:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
SU and its third party service providers (eg, order fulfilment providers, payment processors, marketing fulfilment agencies and customer service agencies) may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
WHO DO WE PROVIDE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
If you ask to be referred to a local stockist we will pass your details to those stockists.
The personal information is provided to:
• our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as IT service providers who manage the website and its performance or our payment fulfilment provider, delivery providers, marketing fulfilment agencies or professional advisers who provide legal, consultancy, insurance or accounting services.
• We may also pass on information to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the site
• the payment facilitators to process payment and to undertake fraud prevention checks.
Please note that when purchasing SU Products through the website, payment is taken via Stripe. Stripe will collect certain of your personal data through this process and has its own security and privacy information which you can view at https://stripe.com/en-gb/privacy.
In the event that you make payment SU Products over the phone then we directly input the payment details into Stripe and do not otherwise record the payment information.
We may also need to share your personal data with third parties:
• to protect the rights, property, or safety of SU or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by SU. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where information has been passed to our third party service providers it will be stored on their secure servers. These third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. SU ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Where you are provided with a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Your personal information will be held in SU’s customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period. SU will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate and it is still reasonably necessary for us to retain it to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by SU:
• ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by SU
• OBJECT – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or legitimate interests pursued by SU or by a third party
• RECTIFICATION – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
• ERASURE – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or the legitimate interests pursued by SU or by a third party
You have a right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from SU and/or to amend the delivery method we use. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Post: Splendore Unique, 8 Duncan Street, Suite 123, London N1 8BW
Where you opt out of marketing, we may nonetheless retain your information in connection with previous transactions for so long as is reasonably necessary in connection with such transaction.
You can also seek to exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Please note when you seek to enforce any of your rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity as a security measure. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you are concerned or have questions about how SU handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.